Tesla model 3
It is the all-new company in India offering all electric Sedan with lots of feature, amazing Range, powerful motors and overall exciting deal.
Its design is too simple, as it is an all-electric vehicle so front grill is not needed in it. At the front there is massive headlight which is all LED and fog lamp. Coming to the side profile it gets a very good looking alloy wheels, stylist door handles, chrome finish window line, A camera on the side fender and even to in the ORVMs. Now coming to the rear side these is all led tail lights, at the trunk there is a spoiler sort of thing and reflectors at the bottom.
It has its battery under the floor which results in low center of gravity helps to take sharp turn without any fear.
54KWh, 62KWh, 74KWh
With the home chargers (less than or equal to 7KW) it takes around 13 hours to charge from 0 – 100%
while from DC chargers (50 KW) it would take around 40 minutes from 20% – 80%
and from DC chargers (150KW) it would take 20 minutes from 20% – 80%
If you are worrying about the time then here is the list of distance it will cover in 30 minutes after charging from different chargers.
Here figures are converted from miles to kilometers and also is an approximate value.
It has 2 independent motors which makes it a complete AWD (All wheel Drive) all electric sedan.
Talking of its transmission it has a 1 – speed transmission, that means it has only 1 gear as it does not require more than that.
It comes in 3 battery options produces 3 different ranges
423Km, 500Km, 560Km.
0 – 100 – 3.1 sec
Top Speed – 260 Km/h
- Length – 4694mm
- Width – 1849mm
- Height – 1443 mm
- Wheelbase – 2875 mm
- Ground Clearance – 140 mm
- Boot Space – 425 liters and under hood storage
- Tyre Size: 235/40 R19
Also read: Toyota Fortuner 2021 review
Features (Safety included)
- Impact protection
- Rigid structure
- Low rollover risk
- ABS – Anti lock Breaking System
- Stability control
- Seat belts with pretensioners
- Front impact, Side impact, Top impact and Knee airbags
- Security system that means it is equipped with ignition disable system that prevents the starting of the motors if originally key is not been used.
- 5-star rating in by NHTSA
- Autopilot features – It includes Navigation on its own, Summon, Auto Park, Auto lane change
- 15 inches touch screen which is instrument cluster too
- Minimal use of buttons in interiors and everything is controlled by the huge touchscreen inside the car.
- The touch screen is split into two things the instrument cluster on the driver side and the infotainment screen on another side
- Every adjustment is from the touchscreen (even opening the glove box)
- Two buttons on steering wheels for navigating the screen
- Over the air updates
- All glass roof (tinted and UV & IR protection)
- 12 adjustable seats
- Ventilated and heated seats
- Rear ac
- All power windows
- Rear mobile charger through USB
- 2 wireless chargers
- Rear defogger
- Reverse parking camera with sensors
- 14 speakers 1subwoofer 2 amplifiers
- In car internet streaming and music and media
- Internet browser
- Also, it can activate its all the cameras and record the things happening near it
- Talking of warranty
Vehicle – 4 years or 80,500kms (whichever comes first)
Battery – 8 years or 1,93,000 kms whichever comes first)
Here figures are converted from miles to kilometers.
Since it is an all-electric vehicle and particularly the Tesla model 3 is going to be import in India so there are chances that the price of this EV goes higher up to around Rs 65 lakhs to Rs 70 lakhs on road.
From some of the news it is coming into notice that Tesla might set up a factory in India and it might bring some of the changes in prices (decrease) of the cars Tesla will Launch.
And another disadvantage of buying a Tesla in India, especially in small cities of India is the lack of power station to charge your vehicle fast. Although it can be charged by home charging but it a lot of time for the same.
Click the link For the walkaround video of the most affordable EV in India – Tata Nexon EV
Credits for the video – Car Quest (Youtube channel)