Renault Triber comes inside the segment of MPV and it is one of the most the affordable MPV one can consider if they are looking for the 7 (3rd row is not for adults in long trips) seats configuration vehicle. It comes with a very unique feature of removing the 3rd row seats if not needed (in other cars its foldable).
According to the segment it has competitors like Toyota Inova Crysta, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, Mahindra Marazzo and Datsun Go+ in India. But if you look at the price tags of all these then you will notice that it has only two competitors Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Datsun Go+.
So, let’s see further variant wise detailed specifications of Renault Triber
From front Renault Triber looks very much similar to the 1st Gen. Kwid. A big Renault Logo at the centre of the front grill. Some sharp lines on the hood gives it a muscular look and that to is continued with sort of blacked out headlamps. Beneath that there is LED DRLs and on the bumpers there is place for the number plates and silver skid plate thing.
On the side profile it even looks similar to the Kwid like plastic cladding all around, indicators on the fender and black plastic on the doors. Interesting fact is the variant badging is on B-pillar.
At the rear side it is vey flat design in which there is Renault logo on the middle and Triber Badging just below it. Tail lights are halogens and ‘Beak’ inspired design. It has Black bumpers and silver skid plate thing on it
It comes with only single engine option that too is a Petrol Engine and good part is that it comes with both transmission option.
- Capacity: 1.0 liter (999cc) Naturally Aspirated Petrol Engine
- Power @ rpm: 71bhp @ 6250rpm
- Torque @ rpm: 96 Nm @ 3500rpm
- Transmission: 5-speed Manual and AMT
- Mileage: For Manual → 18.4 kmpl (ARAI) | For AMT → 18 kmpl (ARAI)
One can see that power and torque this engine produces is not in big numbers, its not made for the Enthusiast person. But it’s a Silent 7 people carrying mover.
Let’s have a look on its dimensions
- Length: 3990 mm
- Width: 1739 mm
- Height: 1643mm
- Wheel Base: 2636 mm
- Ground Clearance: 182 mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 40 liters
- Boot Space: 625 liters (If 3rd row is removed) | 84 liters (All seats up)
Variants and Prices
Renault Triber comes in 4 variants
|RXE||₹ 5.30 lakhs|
|RXL||₹ 6.00 lakhs|
|RXZ||₹ 7.15 lakhs|
Prices shown here is ex-showroom price
These were the prices of Manual Transmission Variants of Renault Triber. For AMT Transmission option (Available in RXL, RXT, RXZ variants) it will cost ₹ 50,000 more than the manual one.
In the RXZ variant of Renault Triber there is Dual Colour Option in which you get Black Coloured roof wit an additional cost of ₹ 17,000.
Also Read: Renault Kiger Review variant Explaine. It is a compact Suv offered by Renault.
Features (Safety Included) Variant Wise
- 2 Airbags
- ABS with EBD
- Seat Belt Reminder with pretensioners
- Projector headlamps
- Front Power windows
- AC Vents (Only Front)
- 2nd Row seat slide, recline and fold
- 60:40 split rear (2nd row) seats
- 2nd and 3rd row height adjustable headrest
- Black colour door handles and ORVMs
- Rear Parking Sensors
- R 14 Wheels
It has every feature of RXE and include these
- Remote door lock
- Speed sensing door lock
- Impact sensing door unlock
- Body colored handles and ORVMs
- 2nd and 3rd row AC Vents
- Tilt steering
- Cooled storage in Centre console
- Audio System with Bluetooth and USB with 2 speakers
- LED backlit Instrument Cluster
- Wheel covers
It has every feature of RXL and include these
- Day and Night IRVMs
- Electric Adjust ORVMs
- 8 inches touch screen infotainment screen
- Android auto and Apple car play
- Rear speakers
- Steering mounted Audio controls
- 2 Glove Box (Upper and Lower)
- Cooled Glove box (lower only)
- Rear Power windows
- Roof Rails
- Faux Skid plates Front and Rear
- Chrome inserts (around AC vents and instrument cluster)
It has every feature of RXT and include these
- Front Side Airbags
- LED DRLs
- Height Adjust Driver Seats
- Front tweeters
- Start Stop buttons
- Auto up / down driver side windows
- Rear Parking Camera
- Rear Wiper, Washer and defogger
- R 15 wheels with styled wheel covers (Alloy look like)
Renault Triber has now got 4 star ratings from GNCAP recently so one need not to worry lot more about the safety. If one thinking of considering this one then
RXL variant→ in Manual or Automatic Transmission can be a good choice for the budget buyers
RXZ Variant -> in Manual and automatic Transmission can be good choice who can extend budgets up ₹ 7.5 lakhs.
Click Here: Walk around Video of Renault Triber RXE variant
Drive impression video of Renault Triber
Video Credits: Aayush Sam (Youtube)