Premium Hatchback 2020 | Which one to consider?
Here we are going to talk about the Premium Hatchback 2020 | Which one to consider?
Talking about the segment it’s a hatchback with some more features, space, comfort and performance that’s the reason Premium word is attached to it. The vehicles followed these criteria are listed down but in a budget of Rs 9 lakhs around.
But before the list there will be some of the vehicles Missing and their name is
Toyota Glanza– Reason is, it is the same as the Maruti Suzuki Baleno weather we talk of exteriors or interiors the only difference (if there is any other, we will mention that) you will find will be the badges and its even accepted as Glanza is the rebadged version of Baleno.
Honda JAZZ– since its facelift is launched but still is not performing good as others, so we decided to make a comparison between the vehicles which is achieving good number of sales.
Volkswagen Polo– In India the Polo which is on sale is currently way to behind than that of the Polo in international market so it does not make a sense to choose Polo in India rather one should consider another option.
List of cars
Now coming back to the topic that is the Premium Hatchback 2020 | Which one to consider?
Here are the names of our pick with their Variant in the price bracket mention above
Maruti Suzuki Baleno (Alpha Automatic) – Rs 9.03 lakhs ex-showroom
Tata Altroz (XZ Urban) – Rs 7.89 lakhs ex-showroom
Hyundai i20 (Sportz) – Rs 8.95 lakhs ex-showroom
Let’s talk about the engine specification first:
Here we have taken only petrol engines of these vehicles (and turbo petrol in case of i20). The reason is Baleno does not offers diesel engine.
But if you are waiting for diesel engine specifications here it is (these are also will be under 9 lakhs):
Petrol Engine (i20)
Also, if you noticed in i20 the turbo petrol is been selected here so here’ s the specification of petrol engine offered in i20 (about Rs 9 lakhs)
- Capacity – 1197cc
- Power @ rpm – 82bhp @ 6000rpm
- Torque @ rpm – 115Nm @ 4200rpm
- Transmission – Manual 5-gears
- Mileage – 20.35 kmpl
- Price – Rs 8.70 lakhs
- To check the variant wise specifications of Hyundai i20 2020 click the link.
Now after all this engine stuff let’s talk a look on the dimensions of these premium hatches:
Features (Safety Included)
Now let’s talk about the features (safety included) of Premium Hatchback 2020 | Which one to consider? in this parameters
Firstly, the features which is common in all the three cars are (in the variants mentioned above) :
- 2 Airbags
- Child anchor Seats (not in i20)
- Seat Belt Warning
- ABS – Anti Lock Breaking System
- EBD – Electronic Break Distributation
- Central locking
- Speed Sensing door lock
- Child safety lock
- Automatic AC with Heater
- Rear AC vents (not in Baleno)
- Reverse parking camera and sensors
- Cruise Control
- Start Stop button
- 8 way Driver and 6 way Passenger seat adjust
- Driver and Rear armrest
- Electric adjustable and foldable ORVMs
- Turn indicators on ORVMs (not in Altroz)
- Rear defogger and vipers
- LED DRLs
- Halogen head lamp (LEDs in Baleno)
- Halogens fog lamps
- LED tail lights (not in Altroz)
- Touch Screen infotainment system
- Android auto and Apple car play
- Steering mounted controls
- Voice commands
- 2 trip meters
- Average fuel consumption and speed
- Distance to empty
- Gear shift Indicators
Maruti Suzuki Baleno
- BA – Break Assist
- 60:40 rear seat spilit
- LED projector Headlights
- 5 STAR GNCAP rated
- 90 degree opening of all doors
- Blue mood light inside interior near infotainment screen
- Harman Music System With Jbl speakers
- Full spilt rear seats
- Auto Vipers and Auto Headlights
- Full digital instrument screen
- Bose music system
- mood lights
In my opinion if you are Performance Oriented then you Should consider Hyundai i20.
And if you want a value for money package and safety then one should consider Tata Altroz
If you want the best after sales and resale value among three then consider Maruti Suzuki Baleno
To see a detailed walkaround of Tata Altroz click on the link
To see a video of i20 Sportz click on the link
Baleno Delta VIDEO link
Video credits – CAR QUEST (YOUTUBE)
That’s all from our side on the topic Premium Hatchback 2020 | Which one to consider?